Spring has sprung in many parts of the northern hemisphere, we are still enjoying lots of snow in the alps, but looking forward to getting back on the bikes sin a few weeks. However, this is the time when manufacturers start releasing new products ready for Summer. Here is some of the new 2019 mountain bike clothing.
Endura 2019 Mountain Bike Clothing
I’m a big fan of Endura products. They are well priced, very well-made and look pretty good too. They have released a few new products for 2019. Here are some examples that I think are worth investing in.
The Endura LumiJak II is a lightweight windproof jacket. It isn’t going to keep you warm and toasty on frosty mornings, but it is great for stuffing in your backpack for when it starts getting a bit chilly. It is also really useful for those of you that use your bikes for commuting, as the all over pattern is very reflective.
- Ultra lightweight, windproof ripstop fabric
- All over reflective print design for 360 degree visibility
- Elasticated cuffs, neck and hem
- Laser cut, bonded stormflap
- Underarm mesh vents for enhanced breathability
- Tiny pack size, stuff sack included
If you are looking for a well priced jacket that packs up to a tiny size that you can get out quickly for that extra windproof layer or to enhance visibility, this is a great option. It also comes in blue and a ladies’ version.
Endura MT500 Burner Shorts II
The Endura MT500 are tough burly shorts. These are ideal for those that have a tendency to fall off their bike. However, if you manage to keep your bike between yourself and the ground, they are great if you are after some good durable shorts. Don’t think that they are so rugged that they are very stiff and rigid though. They are made from stretchy fabric and are particularly stretchy around the crotch and bum for comfort. They have two zipped pockets, which are very secure, but not exactly large. This isn’t the end of the world as they are big enough for essentials that you want quick access to.
- 4 way stretch fabric, with durable seat panel
- High stretch crotch and rear panels
- Zipped fly with ratchet waist adjuster and velcro waist adjustors
- Zipped hand pockets
- Contemporary slim fit
- Clickfast™ liner compatible
- 3D molded outer knee protection
- 90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are looking for a tough pair of shorts that are secure and comfortable these are a stylish and practical choice. If you find that you are in between sizes, you should probably go for the smaller size.
Endura Hummvee Chino Short
The Hummvee Chino shorts are a bit more of a casual option. They are designed for both on and off the bike, so you can let the world know you are a mountain biker even when you are not on your bike. In true Endura style, they are well-made and comfortable. They are also a bit cheaper than the MT500, so if you feel like you want a more traditional style pair of mountain bike shorts, maybe the Humvee Chino is the choice for you. They also come with a liner for extra comfort.
- Tough cotton mix fabric with mechanical stretch
- Includes Engineered Clickfast ™ detachable liner with 300 series pad
- Classic 4 pocket design
- Tailored waistband with belt loops and internal fly gusset with button closure
- Contemporary styling for on & off the bike
Fox 2019 Mountain Bike Clothing
If you haven’t got something from Fox, are you really a mountain biker? For 2019 Fox have updated their range with new styles and designs. Here are my picks from the latest releases.
Fox Clothing Flexair Moth Short Sleeve JerseyThe Flexair jersey is very lightweight. It is made from technical fabric that wicks moisture away, meaning it dries very quickly. This is important for your comfort, but it is also very well ventilated with mesh panels. The idea of its design, is that it is so light and airy you will probably forget that you are wearing it.
- TruDri fabrics move sweat away for the body to keep you dry
- Abrasion resistant shoulder panels fight back against trail growth
- Laser perforated side vents for targeted cooling
- Length (HPS): 31″ size large
- 94% polyester / 6% elastane
If you want a comfortable, stretchy and lightweight jersey for warm days, the Flexair is a great option.
Fox Clothing Defend Kevlar Shorts
These shorts are designed for tough conditions. These are another good option if you often become separated from your bike. This is because they are made with Kevlar fibres making them very durable. They also have stretchy fabric, so you get some good comfort too. The Defend Kevlar shorts have a water resistant coating, to keep your bum dry on those wet days.
- Kevlar®® fibers have a higher cut, tear, and abrasion resistance
- Ratchet closure provides a secure fit & quick on-the-fly adjustments
- Secure zip hand pockets
- TruMotion all-way stretch fabric offers full range of motion
- Body-mapping laser perforated areas on front & back keep you cool
- Durable Water Resistant finish sheds moisture, dirt, & debris
- Inseam: 14.5″ size large
- Body: 93% polyester / 7% spandex
- Panel: 75% nylon / 10% spandex / 9% Kevlar®® / 6% polyester stretch Kevlar®®
These are a high end shorts that are built for punishing riding conditions and will last a long time. If you want something a little less rugged and cheaper, you can opt for the non-Kevlar version, click here for details on these.
Alpinestars 2019 Mountain Bike Clothing
Alpinestars make some great quality mountain bike clothing. Their 2019 mountain bike clothing range has a subtle, but cool and understated style to it. I like this style, as it looks good without being too shouty, with that in mind, here are my picks for the Alpinestars 2019 Mountain Bike Clothing.
Alpinestars Alps 6.0 Jersey
Available with both long and short sleeves, the Alps 6.0 Jersey is made from a mixed poly fabric. This makes it very durable and it makes the colours last much longer. The fabric has a quick-dry treatment for comfort and improved antibacterial performance. It also uses four-way stretch fibers so it fits properly and moves with your body. There is great ventilation from mesh panel inserts on the back and underarms. The back is cut low for extended coverage and it has a side zipped pocket.
Which of these 2019 Mountain Bike Clothing would you wear?
I will be updating this list as more clothing is released, but I think these are great options. They look and perform great without being over the top. Let your riding to the talking.