Nukeproof Nirvana Jacket
The Nukeproof Nirvana jacket looks great on and off the bike, and it comes in at a price that is hard to argue with.
It is a very versatile jacket, as it packs down to a small size, allowing you to easily fit it into your backpack.
This jacket features a chest pocket (with a lanyard for your keys), and two hand pockets, which give is a more casual look and suits its fit, meaning you will find yourself wearing it around town as well as on the trails. This versatility makes it great value for money.
What Is It Like To Wear?
The fit of the Nukeproof Nirvana jacket is quite spacious, meaning that is is easy to layer up on colder days, and it doesn’t restrict your movement. Its 2.5 layer fabric is soft to the touch and waterproof. You will be surprised how well it protects you from the elements, considering its light weight.
The length of the jacket comes below your bum to give you plenty of coverage, while its helmet-compatible hood keeps your hair dry. The hood also locks down with two pull cords to keep it in place when you hit warp speed.
Its breathability is reasonably good, but at this price, you can’t complain. There is good ventilation under your armpits to prevent the heat from building up too much.
- Materials: 100% Nylon
- Lightweight 2.5 Layer waterproof and highly breathable fabric
- DWR coated
- Adjustable Hood
- YKK Zips
- 2 Front hand pockets
- Chest pocket with lanyard clip which doubles as a packable pouch
- Underarm ventilation to help with temperature control
- Chin guard to prevent zip irritation against the skin
- Articulated cuff with elastic
- Drawcord clinching at hem to provide a customised fit
- Dropped hem at back for extra coverage
- 15,000mm waterproof / 30,000g/m2 breathability
The Nukeproof Blackline Packable Jacket is primarily designed for mountain biking, but its versatility lends itself to other activities too. Its fit and style would not look out of place while walking around the streets, but you may want to make sure you wash the mud off first.